Monday, September 26, 2016

Freedom Challenge-Day IV

Unlocking Your Superpowers


So my challenge today is around understanding what my Superpowers really are.  Putting a name to them.  Start allowing myself to see what God has given me as strengths that come naturally.  

I have always loved the superhero.  The good vs evil battle, but the superhero always comes through.  I always was drawn to one that seem to walk in the middle.  I even went as far as to have CatWoman on the back of my license plate as a teenager.  My husband's mother named him Gregory Kent Myers after her favorite Man of Steel-Superman.  As you can see this idea of Superpowers is very intriguing to me.  

So the goal today is to list out what I feel I am naturally good at as well as make a list of what I genuinely just love doing.  This will help me identify a sweet spot in between that brings some of these together.  So, work with me here as I try to lay this out as a working draft:

Skills                     
  • Public Speaking
  • Training and Developing 
  • Empathy 
  • Vulnerability
  • Empowerment
  • Engaging 
  • Change Agent
  • Key Communicator
  • Writing- still working on this one :)
  • Building A Team

Passions

  • Sharing my story with others
  • Helping Others find their passion
  • Making Others laugh
  • Encouraging Others 
  • Praying 
  • Writing
  • Reading
  • Dancing
  • Travel 
  • Spontaneous Adventure
  • Quality time with Family and Friends
My skills and passions are truly so close as it is.  I love helping people and it comes naturally to me.  I can build relationships very quickly and I have been drawn to finding ways to seeing the value in others and building them up.  

I am also extremely passionate about my faith and all God has and continues to do in my life.  I want to use my gift of speaking and writing to share my journey in hopes of it resonating with other woman.  My empathy and encouraging spirit naturally create the foundation needed for my superpower to be the most effective.  

It is hard for me to put these desires down on paper or out into internet space.  I have always wanted to be speaking to and with women however God felt lead.  In the past 10 years as I have prayed about writing, speaking or anything of that realm. He made it clear that my focus was in a one on one setting.  It has only been since the event of the last month that I have felt a desire to write in a way I have never felt before.  We will see...






















This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment