Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Freedom Plan Challenge-Day V

Setting Yourself Up for Success



Today's challenge has been about creating the successful environment for my own increase in productivity .  A challenge to share what my day would look like when I have established healthy productive tools for my day.  Any goal you have today, needs a plan and needs accountability.  I am hoping you can help me with this in the coming weeks!

I may have mentioned before, but part of this journey for me has meant no longer taking my medication for ADD.  The pill that helped me focus, have clarity, and organize my time.  All the things this challenge is asking of me.

The tips shared for this challenge has given me a renewed sense of focus and perspective.  I have a determination to find new strategies for personal success.  I believe that some of the ideas and tools provided with this challenge can help anyone seeking to be more productive and efficient in their day.

If I am to be successful at achieving my goals I have shared, then I must create the right environment, the right time of day I plan to work, and how I can hold myself accountable to continue on this journey.

I have to take a minute and share one of the best tips I learned in this challenge so far.  You may have heard of the Pomodoro Technique.  There is a book, App, and so much more detail out there for those interested, but the concept is simple.

Break your time up into 25 minute intervals.  Stating that for the next 25 minutes, I will only work on this one thing.  I will not look, listen, or address anything else.  Set a timer and work diligently during that time.  When the time is up. Take a break and then reengage in another 25 minute block.  It uses the age old tool of deadlines and sense of urgency in a much more successful manner.

With that said, my productive day could look like this:


  • Start my day with coffee-of course!
  • Prayer and time in the Word for focus, clarity, and direction
  • Breakfast & girls off to school
  • Set aside my two hour morning or afternoon block of time for focused work each day
  • 10 am -12 pm or 1 pm- 3pm
  • My work time needs to be quiet, private, and clear of clutter
  • Divide my work time up in to 25 minute segments based on the work I am set to accomplish.
    • Writing a blog
    • Researching a topic
    • Reading literature on ways to personally heal and/or help others

  • Complete the time with a review of work completed and set task list for the next work session
If that can be a work session for me, the output would extremely productive and provide the tools needed to focus on numerous projects in a day successfully.

Let me know if you put any of these ideas into play personally.  Love to learn from you as well.  

















This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 5

No comments:

Post a Comment