Friday, September 30, 2016

Wonderfully Made






So it has been a while since I posted. I am finding that it has to be truly quiet and usually something hits me powerfully that I don't feel I have any option but to write.  I just hope it is at a time that someone needs to hear what I am trying to share.

I came across this verse the other morning.  It is one I have read often. In fact I have shared it with others on numerous occasions.  I love the reminder that God made us just how He intended.  He does not believe we are a mistake or that some situation along the way undermined his creation.

Well today, something jumped out at me.  It was like it was highlighted on the page, or blinking on and off.  I read the verse again:

"I praise you because, I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalms 139:14"

When I have repeated this verse in the past to a friend I shared that the verse stated,  "you are fearfully and wonderfully made." I usually share it when someone is struggling with their value.  Feeling unloved or not appreciated.  Their gifts aren't needed.  God reminds me of this verse at just that moment.

So what jumped out in this verse?  There is a huge difference for me in one word.  I vs. You.  It is easy for me to accept God stating I am his creation and he feels I am wonderfully made.  I am sure you have had your mom, best friend, spouse, or sibling tell you something great and you shrug it off.  You feel, "They have to say that because you are my person.  Ha!"

Well, that is not what the verse states.  It says.  I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  I am called to accept and embrace that I am just how I was meant to be made, right as I am.  It is actually a statement of  unbelief to feel I am less than in how God made me.  Wow!  I know it is a simple thought but still powerful.

So, I am encouraging you today.  Embrace and Own who God made you to be.  Believe who you are. Perfect in His image.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment